Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blog 39: three's company, too.

We are about to start the fourth week of preschool! I can’t believe three weeks have gone by so quickly. My little students are great; I am so impressed with their ability to speak English and Czech. They learn so much every day; it is amazing to see them grow :)

We took a fieldtrip last week to a “fairytale land” and although I thought it was one of the creepiest things I have ever seen, they liked it. Essentially, it was a huge warehouse with small sets built in it with fairytale characters. However, the characters were all really creepy and the stories they chose to display were not your traditional fairytales, or maybe I just don’t think the children need to see Lucifer surrounded by fire and brimstone. Yikes. But they loved it, and all got their faces painted, so it was a successful afternoon.


In other news, our friend Ryan is staying with us for a few days. He completed the TEFL course in August, the month after I did, and is currently looking for a job. He is looking in Russia, and has had several promising video interviews, how’s that for technology? He is crashing with us for a few days until he finds out where he wants to go! Until then, we are playing Three’s Company. I, of course, am Suzanne Somers and Ash gets to be (has to be) Joyce Dewitt, Ryan playing John Ritter. It should be a great time! I’ll keep you updated on all our crazy antics!

love love love from Prague!!

No comments:

Post a Comment