Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Blog 4: I LOVE THE SUBWAY

I know, I know. You never ever ever ever ever thought you would hear Alexandra Kim Howden say that she loves ANY part of public transportation. This coming from the girl who freshman year of college refused to take the bus. (Chris promptly laughed in my face and told me come winter the bus would be my best friend. The first time it snowed it was like love at first sight between the bus and me). Anyways, I don’t love public transportation in the states, but I am the QUEEN of the subway here!!! The love began when we realized where our apartment is located in relation to the rest of the city. Hmm, how do I explain this? Let’s relate it to the meat packing district in New York City. Very industrial. Great apartments and hot clubs, but let’s just leave it with this, it’s not known for its scenery. Luckily, we live less than a two minute walk from the subway and that magical little railway can take me to all the stunning and enchanting parts of Prague that I have fallen in love with. Each little district is like a little city within the city. They are each different and has a charm or appeal about it that separates it from the rest. So here is where my love for the subway comes in. It is not only the magical railway that takes us away from our LOVELY neighbors (HA) and meat-filled surroundings, but it’s so efficient, super clean and easy to navigate. There are three main lines around the city and they all cross at some point, so it makes it easy to hop on one and ride it for a while, cross onto another and boom you have beautiful new surroundings! I LOVE the subway J

*side note: I don’t think they really pack meat anywhere near my apartment, but we have fondly nicknamed it the meat packing district like NYC. Anyways, there is a lot of pork in Prague so I’m sure they pack some of it around here. Hahahahha

Love love love from Prague!

No comments:

Post a Comment