Thursday, July 9, 2009

Blog 7: The hidden post office of Praha 5

Harry Potter lovers know, it is a thrill for the Hogwarts students to catch the train to school because they get to use the “hidden” platform 9 ¾. This platform is unseen to muggles, that they get a thrill out of using their magic to get on the train. If Harry Potter were real, I would be absolutely positive that the Praha 5 Post Office was enchanted with a spell so that muggles (aka foreigners) cannot see it. However, this not being the case, I am absolutely one hundred percent positive that this post office DOES NOT EXIST. A couple weeks ago my mom sent over a package so it would arrive when I did. It has been sitting in the Praha post office ever since (so they claim). They held my package rather than sending it to my house because the customs form was not filled out to their liking, sorry mom. So, rather than sending it back to the post office ONE block from my house, they sent it to this fake post of Praha 5. RUDE. So I ventured into Praha 5 today by myself because Ash had to teach afternoon lessons, and was wondering around essentially the GHETTO of Praha looking for this non-existent post office. Now I absolutely HATE Praha 5 and have no desire to ever go there again. The reason that I am convinced that it does not exist (and not that im just bad at directions, because well, we all know my history…) is because I asked all of my teachers at school, the native Czech woman that works in the office, two policemen in the Praha 5 district, and like twenty innocent people on the street and NONE OF THEM KNOW OF THIS POST OFFICE. I think that they opened my box, liked what they saw, and made up fake directions to throw me off, and are now fully enjoying my package. All I have to say is I hope they like AKH monogrammed bedding and are a size six tall jean. Enjoy, czesis.

In other news, Ash and I have (temporarily, don’t get scared) moved out of KFC for the evening. We decided to venture to downtown Praha for the night and infiltrate some culture into our day. We are at TGIFridays :) hahhahaha I KNOW youre judging, but I just had the best cheeseburger of my life and am totally and completely happy! Best thing everrrr.

I teach my first full lesson tomorrow and am very excited! It is going to be a loooong day, 10a-8p, but hopefully it will be worth it and give us a reason to celebrate Friday night! I will keep you all updated on how it goes!

Love love love from Prague!


PS for some reason it is not letting me upload photos along with my blog, but i am trying to work out the kinks, so pictures are on the way!! xo xo

No comments:

Post a Comment